They’ll be jumping for joy…
As a couple of the most desired benefits you’d think more companies would offer dental and vision insurance to their employees. So why don’t they? Probably because you’re not talking about it!!
There’s no denying that taking care of oral and eye health is essential for overall health; problems in the eyes and mouth can cause or be indicators of problems in the rest of the body.
- About eighty percent of the U.S. population has some form of periodontal gum disease (yikes)
- Many systemic diseases (including hypertension and prediabetes) are visible simply by looking into the eye, even before symptoms arise (who knew!?)
When you’re jumping into the ring, keep in mind there are more carriers than meet the eye (no pun intended), and we use our same methods of analysis and customization as all other ancillary lines.
One of the many things you can always count on from us is to get the
BEST BENEFITS for the LOWEST COSTS,
to both employer AND employee.
And just like all other group ancillary benefits the employer/business owner has the option to:
- Pay the premiums in full
- Share the cost with the employee
- Offer the benefit as voluntary to either supplement employer paid benefits or just as a means to offer something to the employees and their families.
Don’t forget, a group can be as small as 2 employees!
I think it’s safe to say that all employers and business owners dream of having healthy and happy employees, and the more benefits they’re offering, the better. Let’s help them make that dream come true; they’ll be jumping for joy!
Having spent the first half of this year on Disability products in both the personal and business realm, it’s safe to say we are passionate about income and business protection!
For those that are business owners and/or selling to the business community, let’s now talk Group Short and Long Term Disability.
Why Group STD and LTD?
- Providing these benefits helps employers protect a portion of their employees’ income (and their own income) should they become too sick or injured to work.
- Offering benefits sets a business apart from other employers; it makes the company more attractive to quality talent, aids in employee retention rates, and are a way of saying thank you … we value you!
- The plans are Guaranteed Issue regardless of employees’ health and group size!
- Employers can include themselves in the plan to supplement their own individual protection.
- Plans can be customized to be 100% Employer paid, 100% Employee paid (Voluntary), or a combination of both.
- The portion a business pays for this insurance is considered a business expense and is tax-deductible.
- All we need is a census that includes gender, salary, occupation, and home zip code of each employee.
- If the group has a plan in place, we need the current benefit summary in order to match benefits at a lower cost, or provide a better plan at the same cost.
- We send a request for proposal (RFP) to as many of the top carriers in the country as possible.
- We analyze all quotes based on cost, volume, and definitions (the latter being the keystone of our agency).
- We create an easy to follow spreadsheet (including notes for the broker or employer allowing us to make the best and most knowledgeable recommendations).
- When necessary we will go back to the carriers and negotiate better plans and/or rates to best fit the client’s needs.
As experts in the field of employee benefits and disability insurance we can support you whether you are a broker or employer. If you are an employee and your company doesn’t offer benefits, we will be happy to start the conversation!
At Insurance Specialties Inc., we are here to help you design and implement the most comprehensive and competitive plan(s) based on the carrier strength, occupation, health, and goal(s) of your client.
It is our advanced knowledge and understanding that drives us forward. Let us share our expertise with you!